Sunday, July 29

Away Time

I'd like to think of my annual vacation as "Away Time," rather than a vacation. Where we go every year, to Block Island, isn't much of a resort spot. It's more about relaxing, spending time at the beach, and just taking in how goshdarn beautiful New England is during the summer. All I can describe in words is that it is green and blue and white. Everything. The sparkly water, the dense trees, and the quaint shingled buildings. It is so wonderful! Low key, natural, simple pleasure. Sigh. I want to go back now.


Front porch of our house


View from the back of the alpaca farm (yup, they are super loud, too)


Second floor porch view into town


My bedroom


Early morning from the porch




Thrift store in town



The hotel my family (and then I) used to stay at (for 30+ years) before it changed ownership


Mohegan Bluffs on the Southeast side of the Island





Our porch and hammock



Southern Island, looks like Ireland to us


Rodman's Hollow (a hollow is a landscape below sea level)


New Harbor at sunset




Scotch Beach at sunset



My Dad being the rock sculpture mastah



Driveway from our house







4 comments:

  1. Hi Dana! Aditi here, visiting your blog after quite a long time. This place looks A M A Z I N G -- please tell me you at least took these photos with Instagram?! I bet it is idyllic and beautiful either way, though. :)

    PS: There is an alpaca farm right here in Middletown. Just saying. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Aditi! I did take them with Instagram :) Haha. I actually forgot my real camera and my phone stood in quite well. I can't believe there is an alpaca farm!!

      Delete
  2. OhMyGosh, these pictures have blown my mind! It looks like such a relaxing spot - I would have loved to settle in there for a month or 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, same here :) :) For realsies. Love your blog, by the way!

      Delete