Saturday, August 18

DIY Striped Wallpaper


I'll try and make this simple.

White walls + no permission to paint them = blah.

Taking long strips of wrapping paper, I made "wallpaper."

Imagine this in a dorm. There are so many possible variations.

DIY Striped Wallpaper Steps:


1. Bought four rolls (2 pink, 2 silver) of these Martha Stewart paper rolls. They are basically long strips of wrapping paper. You can cut wrapping paper into strips to achieve the exact same thing. I bought these on clearance at Marshall's for $0.70/roll. So bargain.
2. Buy 2 packs of sticky-tac, but you can use tape. For SOME strange reason I'm not allowed to use any tape on the walls in my new apartment. Not even painter's tape. Weird. It was about $1.50/pack, although I ended up using only one strip from one of the packs.


3. Attached strips of paper onto wall with sticky-tac. To make the striped "wallpaper" look, I held the strips up to where the wall meets the ceiling, sticky-tacked that end, then cut the bottom where the wall meets the floor and sticky-tacked that end. So you're just eyeballin' it, yo. Not difficult.



This was the semi-before:


Back to the now:




I chose alternating colors of stripes. You can choose any color, mix and match, keep it simple, use patterned wallpaper...endless options. You can even do horizontal stripes...or diagonal, if that's yer thing, chicken wing.

4 comments:

  1. Seriously debating on doing this to my dorm this semester! You have serious fabulous ideas, and I love your blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That just made my day :) Let me know if you end up trying it, I'd love to see.

      Delete
  2. I found your blog on Pinterest and this is the picture I saw. It's a great idea and I might do it to my apartment this year since we can't paint! I'm definitely following you on Pinterest now! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd love to see it if you do it :)

      Delete