Monday, February 4

BEER BREAD

Beer bread sounds like man food. I'll admit it's proven to warm a man's heart. But it's also incredibly easy to make, and can be quite glamorous with a drizzle of honey and bit of butter. Just yesterday I was craving beer bread but since I barely drink and don't like beer in the first place, I didn't feel like shelling out for a six pack just to make it. Usually in the past I've asked to keep a beer from a party (how weird is that) or paid someone $1 for it (the cheaper the beer the better the bread, so it's a good college recipe). But alas, this morning I had what I call a revelation--when I went to make my morning oatmeal I opened the office fridge and found a whole slew of leftover Blue Moons. I guess faculty were having a party and decided to just leave the rest. Monday morning happiness. Belly full at night.

Beer Bread


1 12 oz. Can or Bottle of Beer
3 Cups Flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
4 Tablespoon Sugar (can omit)
1 Teaspoon Salt
Butter to your liking

Step-by-step instructions below, but really you just mix everything together until just combined and bake it for 40 minutes in a 375 degree oven. But anyway!


Starting below, combine all ingredients, beer last. It will look super fun and frothy, like a college party I never went to.


Stir until just combined. It will have the consistency of a muffin batter, not like a regular bread dough.


Put the batter in a loaf pan (I didn't have one so I used a brownie pan, it just comes out a bit more dry) and pour as much melted butter as you want on top. It makes it divinely crusty. I only used about 3 tablespoons, I was being a good girl for some reason.


So. Beautiful. Butter is to me what bacon is to most people. Heavenly. I love the saying, "To love someone is to see the face of God," and seriously I feel this way about butter when I see it. Hahahaha. But really it is special.


Bake at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes.


This is the bottom crust. Just as amazing.


Admire it. Pick it up and look at all the nooks and crannies. You just made bread in under an hour.


And of course, add some butter.


I'd rather eat my beer than drink it any day.

DANA

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just baked one and it turned out delicious! Hubby said I was wasting the beer, but I strongly disagree :) Thank you for that easy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's awesome! It is totally not a waste :) So glad you like it, too! xDana

      Delete