Sunday, March 24

D.C.IZZLE


This past extended weekend I ventured to our nation's capitol, Washington D.C. You see, there's this funny part of my life that has always been there--this desire to become a lawyer. Ever since I could feasibly come up with an answer to "What do you want to be when you grow up?" it's been the same. Never, ever, ever, has it changed. Not even once. No matter how much I love clothes, to sew, to design, to take classes at FIT, I have always stayed away from other paths. My heart is in the law. So to D.C. I went, hoping to make my law school dreams a reality.


As a New York girl, it's hard to envision myself in D.C. I absolutely love to immerse myself (but not necessarily agree with) all things power & politics, but, as I wrote about in my last post, New York has the kind of heart and soul, for me, that no city can compete with. If I do end up in D.C., I will be happy, though.
Who couldn't love such a gorgeous city with the most amazing history? While I sat through (albeit fascinating) law school panels my parents got to stand in the room where President Lincoln died. Dang.




Now is the time to ask, has anyone been to D.C. and is willing to share some impressions/advice in the comments section? I'd love to hear about your experiences there. As someone with very few connections to the city, it would be great to get a better picture of what it's like to live there.





I hope you all had great weekends! I'm praying for Spring (with snow on the forecast for tomorrow, yuck). And I am really excited for Easter. Also, Happy Passover (is it okay to say Happy?). And-and-I caught up on some Real Housewives this weekend. Am I the only one who really loves Yolanda? She somehow perfects keeping it real and classy. Yolanda also makes the white jeans, tank, and jacket look disgustingly good effortless-chic.

DANA

No comments:

Post a Comment