Tuesday, May 14

BEAUTY HAUL: SEPHORA CHIC WEEK + MORE

Sowwy it's so bright.


Sephora's Chic Week was fuuuuun. With 15% off your total purchase, I had a good time using up some holiday gift cards. So I splurged on skin stuff...like I tell my BFF and Official Beauty Confidante, Megan, every time I have money to Sephora I instinctively want to buy a fancy lipstick, but then reality brings me back down, and I realize I need to spend money on my skin. Coupled with an unpleasant bout of cystic acne, I knew I had to follow that.

So, in addition to my Sephora stuff, I bought some Mario Badescu products off of Nordstrom (free shipping)! And then at a random overstock store near my house, I bought the L'Oreal Deep Replenishing Mask. And then there was a random trip to Wal Mart that produced a wonderful blush deal. A good mish-mosh of products! Without further adieu...

 

SEPHORA (CHIC WEEK 15% OFF)


Clinique Even Better Eyes ($33.15): so far, so good. I have horrible, terrible, punched-in-the-eye-looking dark circles. The product claims to lighten by up to 30%, which is good enough for me! I would say my undereyes definitely look better; even my dad noticed. I have been using the product for about a month now and my undereyes are about 20% better. I also only use this once a day, instead of the recommended twice. I just want to stretch it.

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser ($19.55): Makeup Alley is my go-to source for makeup reviews, and this cleanser is top-rated. I love it. Makes my skin feel clean with NO squeakiness. None. Buy it if you can afford it. And a 1/2 pea-sized amount works great. I use it with my Clarisonic.

EradiKate Acne Treatment ($18.70): in the reviews I read on Makeup Alley and Nordstrom, EradiKate edged out the lookalike and original Mario Badescu Drying Potion. Whenever I have a small pimple that has gook in it (sorry not sorry) I put this on top. It works wonders for avoiding picking, too, because then I feel like something is "working" on it and I don't have to think about it. Not a miracle, but very good at minimizing gook (sorry this time).

NORDSTROM


Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion ($17): this is just like the EradiKate/Drying Potion but for cystic acne. The best way I can describe it is as alcohol-smelling, and you put this on at the first pain of a cystic pimple. Ugh. I hate writing that, but they do hurt. I feel like this manages the cyst, and prevents it from getting super red and big and terrible. I would say it takes them down 40% if you act quick and apply it as directed, every other day. Totally worth it, since there is so little we can do for cystic acne!

Mario Badescu Rosewater Toner Spray ($7): just go and buy it. It's lovely. It smells like roses (my favorite scent), and definitely tones for a slightly better complexion and texture. Worth it! Will buy it again. Great price, too, non?

 

RANDO


L'Oreal Deep Replenishing Mask ($3.99): love this stuff. Wow. Makes my dry, long-a$$ hair manageable again. Wonderful. I guess it makes the whole sulfate-free thing look pretty darn nice. Seriously though, it is so awesome. I like this more than my fancy Moroccan Oil Deep Treatment Hair Mask (I got it as a gift, I won't appear like I can afford that stuff). Bought from overstock store near my house (like a Christmas Tree Shop or Ocean State Job Lot).

Milani Blush in Luminous ($3.24): it's a dupe for Nars' Orgasm blush! It was originally $12 at CVS, then at Wal-Mart for $6.97...and when I got there, there was only one left and it was broken. So, like a good bargain hunter, I brought it to the cashier and she said she would slash the price because of the condition. I then made it like new again by crushing up the loose powder, mixing it with hand sanitizer, and molding it back in the pot. Almost perfect. I LOVE the color. It is great. Get it!

Have you bought any makeup lately? Any good skin stuff? Let me know! And now, excuse me while I go catch up on Married to Jonas.

DANA

No comments:

Post a Comment