Thursday, May 9

MOTHER'S DAY, OR, LET'S JUST CELEBRATE WOMEN

I love holidays, I love celebrations, and I love my Mom. This Sunday happens to be both my Mom's Birthday and Mother's Day. Two reasons to spoil her! I'm hoping to make her a traditional Latin coconut tres leches cake, and present her with some gorgeous gifts (at some great prices, which I know she loves, I mean, where do you think I get it from?).

But then again, there are some girls (and guys) out there who don't have a mother to celebrate with on Mother's Day. Can we remember them, anyway? I have a friend who lost her mom just a year ago, and I'm holding her and her mom in my heart this weekend. Do that for a friend.

Because really it should come to this: women are amazing. So are men, but for one day let's celebrate the strength, camaraderie, family and relationship-building that women practice quite well.

Since I will be in New York this weekend celebrating with family, I thought I'd do a little highlight of one of my favorite mother-daughter pairs: Angela and Margherita Missoni. Swoon. They are so beyond.

via

via

 via

via

via

Hope you all have a great weekend! xx

DANA

No comments:

Post a Comment