Monday, August 26

ROOM TOUR: NORTH CAROLINA SUMMER



A new state and a new room. Same old stuff, though, you know ;)


You last saw my room tour here, in Connecticut. Now here's my North Carolina one. For all you Northern folks, living down here is pretty nice! I don't live in a shack by a creek, with no running water, and only squirrels to survive on. Those are all terrible stereotypes of the South that I am here to discredit (friends, come visit me and see)!

Case and point. This is me doing homework in our courtyard pool with friends yesterday:


Not too shabby. Did I mention pool weather lasts until November? Without further adieu...

ROOM TOUR: NORTH CAROLINA SUMMER











Let me see...lots of stuff from my last room, with the inclusion of my favorite painting of Mont Saint Michel (got it for $5 at a tagsale in Upstate NY many years ago). Yes I brought The Notebook, which is, surprisingly, also my ex-boyfriend's mom's copy? I hope that doesn't karma me in my sleep. Sorry I kept it. Hemingway will offset that! I also made an effort not to photograph my law textbooks because that is so boring and sad.

The bed linens are all Ralph Lauren Home, as usual, off of eBay or from the Outlet Store, super cheap. I covered my headboard in a scarf because I was sick of the white plain scrolls. The desk was only $40 at Target, and my dad and I fused it together with three $12 end tables to make it L-shaped. At the end of the archway is my own bathroom (new concept for me), which I will tour next. Because it makes me feel way too Into the Gloss not to share.

I must note that while I haven't lived in a dorm in years, I hope this inspires some of you in your upcoming room decorating. Starting school is especially fun when decor is part of your procrastination.

DANA

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR ROOM. It's so spacious, bright, and sophisticated! Looking forward to visiting! P.S. I see the pic of our 4th grade selves on your bulletin board xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! ;) You bet your bottom dollar that's us!

      Delete
  2. P.P.S. Was that the last time we appeared to be the same height??? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude. It might have been...but I could still pick you up and swing you around like a monster back then.

      Delete
  3. Love this! Your room is is inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Day day oh sweet lord your room is too effin cute I love it so much! So pretty! Glad to see you are settled in! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too sweet, love. Can't wait to see your room, too :) xx

      Delete
  5. So pretty! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete