Tuesday, April 5

MIDDAY THOUGHT

Classic blogger talk. I haven't posted at all really in the past year.
It comes down to the fact that I'm not sure if I should blog at all.

The other day as I was listening to Wendy Williams in the shower, she said that she doesn't want to know anything personal about her doctors or lawyers. These professionals, she said, are best shrouded in secrecy. People want to see them do their jobs and that's it. Anything else is a distraction that would give off the impression that the professional doesn't put her job first.
With these professions, people expect the jobs to come first.

Okay, we all know this is a huge (YUUGE) generalization. It's Wendy! I love Wendy, but she's kind of generalizing, but also kind of right. I think there are awesome blogs that showcase how to have fun with fashion in a professional atmosphere, like a medical or law practice. Fashion blogs, really, that don't give a lot of background. But a lifestyle blog? I don't know of any.

I don't know if it's really appropriate.

When I start working this fall, I want to mesh seamlessly into my firm's identity. I don't want to create any issues of representing them in any way other than professionally. My firm has some of the most down-to-earth professional people I have ever met. Many of them have side hobbies and I want to as well!

But one this public? Not sure.

So maybe come fall I'll have to say goodbye to this blog. I won't be a "co-ed" anymore, really. I know I will take my instagram account @dlpellegrino private when I start working, so if you want to follow me, do it now!

I've also been working on my living luxe w/o the big bucks instagram account, @thenakedcoed! There I post fun finds for cheap. It's a great reincarnation of my blog to which I see it naturally moving towards.

So I'm not saying goodbye just yet. Just putting out my thoughts on the matter. I used to L.O.V.E. love love love blogging so much. Now I don't know if it is something that's going to continue. And it makes me really sad! Stupidly sad.

Okay one more thought: anyone else find lifestyle blogs dwindling?
I used to read so many everyday and now I'm down to maybe 3 that still post on the reg.
I'm not accusing anyone, since that would be incredibly blatant hypocrisy, but I do miss them.
Instagram taking over? I don't know.

Anyway. Okay I already miss blogging so I'm going to post about my trip to Puerto Rico. Maybe I'll make some travel posts happen in the future. Those are pretty innocuous, right?

DANA

No comments:

Post a Comment